SOUTH WEST COMPETITIONS COMMITTEE REQUIRE AN HONORARY TREASURER FOR SEASON 2019/20
The South West Competitions Committee are delegated from the RFU to run the English Clubs’ Championships and RFU Cups for sides in the eight counties that make up the South West Division - namely Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Cornwall, Devon, Dorset & Wilts, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire and Somerset.
The full committee meets twice a year (November and May) at a central location and is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the 34 leagues, comprising of more than 370 teams.
The committee are seeking an honorary treasurer to take over from the present incumbent from May 2019, having been mentored and shadowed into the role during the rest of this season.
Duties will include;
- - Prepare & present accounts and financial reports to full Committee
- - Keep accurate records of all transactions
- - Manage and monitor cash flow
- - Prepare and submit any statutory documents that are required
- - Deposit monies and issue receipts promptly
- - Keep the Committee informed of any trends or issues
- - Working with the SW Admin Office over the issue of fines and reminders
- - Distribution of Sponsorship Monies
- - Receiving and paying League Secretaries/Officers’ expenses
Ideally, the candidate will have;
- - Financial knowledge, covering all aspects of accounting
- - Be numerate and have good computer skills
- - Have previously held a similar position within a club/organisation
- - It is envisaged that the role would take 5-10 hours per week
If you are interested, please forward your CV together with a covering letter to;
Mr M Gee BEM Co-Ordinating Secretary, Foxglove Cottage, Hasletown, St Ives, Cornwall TR26 3LU
Closing date Friday, March 22, 2019
To view national rugby vancanies, click HERE