Cluster meetings to be held at Ivybridge and Crediton in January
DEVON RFU will be holding two cluster meetings for clubs in January.
The first will be held on Monday, January 15 at Ivybridge RFU, with the second taking place on Wednesday, January 17 at Crediton.
Both will start at 7pm after a buffet and should finish at around 9pm.
The meetings will be centre around the subject of player participation.
Some of the questions that they are going to try and find answers to are:-
· What playing opportunities are clubs currently offer their members and is it what they want?
· What can clubs do differently that is going to get more players playing, keep more playing and get more games played?
· Are the current competitions (leagues, cups, merit tables) offered by the RFU/Devon RFU/Plymouth Combination what players want? Could they be improved, and if so how?
· What can Devon RFU do and what can clubs do to make sure as many players as possible transition from juniors to colts and from colts to adults?
· What can Devon RFU do and what can clubs do to help improve the quality of coaching in clubs?
Clubs are urged to bring a car load of people to the meeting, ideally the director of rugby, senior coaches, colts’ coaches, U15/16 coaches, club coaching coordinator, team managers of older age group and senior teams and current players of all ages (15+) and abilities.