Details on the new David Butt Memorial Trophy
DAVID BUTT MEMORIAL TROPHY
Welcome to the inaugural playing of the ‘David Butt Memorial Trophy’ – David was the chair of the DRFU before his untimely death during the recent season.
The competition attempts to give extra fixtures with minimal travelling to the level nine and 10 clubs season and provide an incentive at the beginning of the season to play.
The competition will finish before the start of the RFU leagues in November and should ensure clubs are fully prepared for their division.
We are fortunate that the DRFU have agreed to provide the sponsorship for this first season ONLY to help ensure the competition gets under way.
- each club that plays ALL six group games will receive £100 in kit vouchers (Kitworld Ltd) when the pools are completed
- a trophy will be purchased along with medals for the final teams
- the final will be held at a neutral venue
SEMI-FINALS – October, 15, 2016
The draw has taken place by Treve Mitchell (DRU chair) and has resulted in:-
GROUP EAST v GROUP NORTH
GROUP SOUTH v GROUP WEST
FINAL – OCTOBER 22 /23
It will be played at BARNSTAPLE RFC – Dave Butt’s home club
- must be registered as a member of the club
- must not have played for a higher league club (L 5/6/7/8) during the current season
- can only play for one club in the competition
- each game will last 80 minutes with no extra time
- there will be 4 points for a win – 2 points each for a draw
- 1 bonus point for 4 or more tries
- 1 bonus point for losing by 7 or less points
- If game is abandoned after 60 minutes – score stands unless there is a discipline matter to be pursued
- If abandoned before 60 minutes a replay unless there are discipline matters
- If clubs are equal at the end of Group stage – points differential will determine status
- If still equal – results between clubs will determine
- If still equal – most tries and then toss of a coin
SEMI - FINAL
- If a draw after 80 minutes then 10 minutes each way extra time
- if still a draw – then the following will apply – MOST TRIES – MOST CONVERSIONS – AWAY SIDE
- If still a draw after extra time – TROPHY SHARED
- to be appointed by the appropriate Referee Society (Devon / Plymouth)
- T3 to be appointed for the semi-finals / final
- each team can have up to 5 replacements of which 2 should be available to play in the front row
- up to 10 inter-changes are allowed
- if there is a clash then the AWAY side will change
- the result of the games should be with the Organiser TERRY FRIEND either by telephone (01752 898759) or preferably EMAIL (email@example.com ) – within 24 hours
All objections regarding alleged breaches of the regulations must reach the competitions administrator not later than five days after the end of the match in question and must be in writing from the secretary/chairman accompanied by an administration fee of £50 made payable to the Devon Rugby Football Union Ltd. This fee will be returned if the objection is upheld.