David Butt Memorial Trophy
DAVID BUTT MEMORIAL TROPHY
Welcome to the ‘David Butt Memorial Trophy’
David was the chair of the DRFU before his untimely death during the recent season.
The competition attempts to give extra fixtures with minimal travelling to the level nine and 10 clubs season and provide an incentive at the beginning of the season to play.
The competition will finish before the start of the RFU leagues in November and should ensure clubs are fully prepared for their division.
We are fortunate that Team Tours Direct are sponsoring the competition, as well as family and friends of David Butt.
- Each club that plays ALL six group games will receive £100 in kit vouchers when the pools are completed
- a trophy will be presented to the winners and both finalists will receive medals
- the final will be held at David Butt's former club Barnstaple
PLAYERS – Ideally players should be registered with a club –however there is no problem if a club have to borrow players from a fellow L9/10 club in order that a match can be played (must not have played for a higher league club (L 5/6/7/8) during the current season).
Players can only play for one club in the competition
- Each game will last 80 minutes with no extra time
- There will be 4 points for a win – 2 points each for a draw
- 1 bonus point for 4 or more tries
- 1 bonus point for losing by 7 or less points
- If game is abandoned after 60 minutes – score stands unless there is a discipline matter to be pursued
- If abandoned before 60 minutes a replay unless there are discipline matters
- If clubs are equal at the end of group stage – points differential will determine status
- If still equal – results between clubs will determine
- If still equal – most tries and then toss of a coin
- If a draw after 80 minutes then 10 minutes each way extra-time
- If still a draw – then the following will apply – MOST TRIES – MOST CONVERSIONS – AWAY SIDE
If still a draw after extra-time – TROPHY SHARED
- to be appointed by the appropriate Referee Society (Devon / Plymouth)
- T3 to be appointed for the semi-finals / final
- REPLACEMENTS – squads can be up to a maximum of 23 all of whom can be used in the game
- FRONT ROW – up to 3 replacements 1 front-row – 4 -6 replacements must have 2 front-rows – 8 replacements must have 3 front-row
- Number of replacements should be advised to the referee before the game
- Up to 12 inter-changes are allowed
If there is a clash then the AWAY side will change
The result of each game should provided to Terry Friend (either home and/or away team) – either telephone (01752 898759) or email preferable (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 7pm Saturday evening.
All objections regarding alleged breaches of the regulations must reach the competitions administrator not later than five days after the end of the match in question and must be in writing from the secretary/chairman accompanied by an administration fee of £50 made payable to the Devon Rugby Football Union Ltd. This fee will be returned if the objection is upheld.