2019-20 Devon RFU working programme/structure
DEVON RFU WORK PROGRAMME DELIVERY 2019/20.
Safeguarding /Rugby Safe – Lead Elaine Palmer
Competitions - Terry Friend (Chair)
Discipline. - Roger Gash (Chair), Treve Mitchell (Secretary).
CB management including finance and website - Executive committee.
Local Plan Activities.
KEY AREA 1 - INCREASE PLAYER NUMBERS - LEAD: Simon Farmer
- Grow W&G game -
- Recruit male players -
- Transition through and from Age Grade -
- Promote Kids First -
- Support Schools activity -
- Re-engage lapsed 14-24 players -
- Summer Touch rugby -
KEY AREA 2 - DEVELOP GAME ENVIRONMENT - LEAD: Simon Fuller
- Club referee recruitment and development -
- Young Match Official scheme -
- Coaching bursaries -
- Referee CPD in partnership with DRRS -
- Medical training support for clubs -
- Coaching Conference -
- Develop CCC and CrefC networks -
KEY AREA 3 - SUPPORT AND INCREASE VOLUNTEERS - LEAD: Stuart Quarterman
- Mitsubishi Motors Volunteer scheme -
- Club Matters workshops for clusters of club volunteers -
- CB generated Volunteer support programmes -
- Administer RFU Volunteer support programmes -
- CB generated Volunteer development programmes -
- Increase club use of GMS and DRFU website -
- Back in the Game workshops -
- Examine feasibility of locally supported YRA scheme -
- Prepare for Devon RFU Leadership Academy 2020/21 -
KEY AREA 4 - DEVELOP CLUB ENVIRONMENT - LEAD: John Drew
- Administer RFU Facilities budget -
- Administer DRFU Loan scheme -
- Encourage increased provision for W&G -
- Promote and maintain CB clubs audit -
- Pitch aeration scheme -
- Floodlights -
- Promote RGC to clubs -
- Signpost non CB sources of funding -
- Encourage clubs not yet incorporated to do so -
KEY AREA 5 - INNOVATION.
- Develop awareness of mental health and drug abuse in clubs – Rugby Safe
- Develop non-traditional forms of the game (Walking, X7s,Touch) - Key Area 1.
- Engagement with the wider Community - Mike Brooks
REPRESENTATIVE RUGBY - LEAD: Glenn Channing
OTHER AREAS OF DRFU REPRESENTATION OR RESPONSIBILITY.
Regional Player Pathway Group (Academy/DPP) - Nigel Middleton
ERCA - Treve Mitchell, John Drew
SW Counties Forum - Geoff Simpson, Treve Mitchell, Maureen Jackson
DRRS - Treve Mitchell
SW Mutual Benefit Fund - Roger Gash (Trustee), Geoff Simpson
International Tickets and Vice Presidents - Ken Jeffery
Fixtures Exchange - Paul Harris
Devon kit and stock - Max Turner